Friday, March 2, 2012

That hot new thing everyone is doing.

According to cnbc.com, its been beneficial to small businesses just starting out.
Wikipedia calls it a "pin-board styled social photo sharing website."
They themselves call it a "virtual pinboard."

I am, of course talking about Pinterest.
(where you can pin what interests you! har har!)

my particular favorite quote might have to be from ThoughtCatelog:
"Pinterest is not Pinteresting. It’s not Pinjoyable or Pintillating, and honestly, I have no idea how it’s even Pinpassable as Pintertainment. It’s literally the least amount of information that can be put in front of you and still make you feel like you’re looking at something."


Not only for their accuracy, but for their bitter way of presenting what is essentially tumblr.

and yet,
IM HOOKED.
Yes, I'm Pinterested.


the pure irony of this picture is overwhelming


I seriously spend way too much of my life on this website. Its a sick cycle really.
"Oh! Look at that! I want to make that!" *PIN!*
"Huh, I didnt know you could clean that with baking soda!' *PIN!*
"Essie makes that color nail polish!?" *PIN!*

The worst part is that all these things I want to do because I see them on Pinterest, I will NEVER have time for, because I'll be pinning shit on Pinterest.

you can link it to your twitter, you can link it to your facebook (but for the love of god, please don't!)

Like tumblr.com, you follow people. You see what they post,or "pin" onto their boards. The best part about this is that you can follow their boards, not the whole account.
Do my friends and I both craft? Yes.
Do I love all of their tastes in clothing? Not at all.
The beauty of this site is that I don't have to see their clothing posts because I just don't follow what they post to their clothing board. Awesome.
It's a self filtering feed where you only see what parts of people that you like; the stuff you have in common.

So, you can find me here.
Join us. @_@

2 comments:

  1. Ah I could not have said this better. Oh how I adore that site!

    And for the love of God...DO NOT LINK IT TO YOUR FACEBOOK...it's so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems really interesting. I have a tumblr so I know exactly what you mean about not being able to do the things that interest you on the sight because you're too busy going through it.

    ReplyDelete