Thursday, April 5, 2012

Remake on something old.

I had this bracelet for ever, but the elastic had worn out.
I loved the beads, so I decided to make a new bracelet with it.

The beads are these really cool, hand-carved faces, so it was important to me to highlight that.
I thought maybe using macrame would work. I used the square knot technique over the beads so they would stay in place.



But that didn't end well:



I just really didn't like the way it looked. It seemed super "8th grade summer camp," which is NEVER a look I want to repeat...

Anyways, I remembered another way to tie things that looks a bit more...classy?
I re-threaded the beads, and wrapped it into a circle:



and used the same square knot around the two criss-crossed pieces:



Here it is! Finished and modeled by my lovely friend Shani

No comments:

Post a Comment