Thursday, April 12, 2012

Brought to you by the #66 bus...

This post is brought to you by the #66 bus.
And paper stars.

I love paper stars. They're a bit of an obsession for me.
Before some fancy big wig doctors told me that, no, I was not supposed to have the attention span of a three-year-old at the age of twenty-one, I used these as a way to keep my hands busy during class.

I made a bunch of these things. Like, several thousand. I counted them once.
Yeah, I take medication for that now...

ANYWAYS!
I wanted to show you how to make one (or a brazillion) for yourself.


First, you start with a strip of paper (not pictured, sorry)

And tie a knot in it. Be sure not to twist the paper:

[I have no idea why the focus on my camera loves my bag, but it does)

Tie the knot at the very end of the paper, as close as you can to the edge without the knot slipping off.
And press it flat.
It should look like a pentagon.



This is the base. Then you will wrap the remaining strip of paper around the base.
Follow the edges of the pentagon.



Make sure the folds are clean.



Continue wrapping the strip of paper around and around.







Once the strip of paper gets too small, you are going to tuck the end on the strip underneath one of the folds





Now, you pinch the sides!




Ta-Da!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, it is nice to see that someone else has habits on the #66

    ReplyDelete