Friday, February 3, 2012

My heart is squishy and made of yarn

true story bro.

Okay, well these aren't MY hearts, my friend Gabrielle made them.
But they are pretty damn awesome, so I'm putting them up here anyways.

heart garland

here are some better pictures so you can see the stitching that went into them.

red heart

pink heart

this one is my favorite because its a little bit derpy

derpy heart

anyways, theres PLENTY of time before Valentine's Day, so here's the pattern if you would like to make some. I got this from Gabs, so if you know where its from and can give me the source I would appreciate it, I'd like to give credit where its due.

Super easy pattern for beginners:
Can be done with any size needle/weight yarn you want.
(but obviously, proportion is necessary)

CO 2 st
row 1: kfb, k to last st, kfb
row 2: p 1 row
rep these 2 rows 6 times total (14 st)

row 3: k2 tog, k5 and turn, leaving remaining 7 st on the needle
row 4: p2tog, p2, p2tog
BO 4 st, cut a long piece of yarn (about 10″) and weave through back of piece to reattach to other side (where you left off when turning)
row 5: k5, k2tog
row 6: p2tog, p2, p2tog
BO 4 st

Get working!

1 comment:

  1. This is nice. I wish I had the patience for crafting. I've always wanted to learn though.

    ReplyDelete