Saturday, February 4, 2012

I planned on Saturday being my Long Term Project post

So, if you read the title (and I'm assuming you did because it's bigger than these words),you will notice my use of the word "planned."

Things in my life never really go according to that way.

So I made something else to show you!!!!
YAY!

I also made it a bit of an instructional.

Cool, so what do you need?

1 brown paper shopping bag
A container of foam shapes
Scissors
Pencil

"okay...what the hell am i making with this?"

oh, right.

My Valentine's Day Wreath OF COURSE!!!!

okay, anyways, heres whatcha do:

find a paper shopping bag about the size of the wreath you want


american eagle bag

open it up by cutting down the side
draw a line down the center of the bag in the middle of one of the handles
draw one side of a heart (so the mirror image makes the heart symmetrical) fold on the line, and cut out the shape of the heart

cut out bag

Be careful not to cut the bag handle out! You'll need that fot hang it with.

Here's a better shot of what I drew on the bag, so you can see what I'm talking about.

drawing of heart on bag

There you can see another line I drew.

In order to have a wreath, I'm about 80% sure it needs a hole.
So make one.

now its a wreath

Dump out the package of foam stickers while excitedly whispering "Make it rain bitches!" just loud enough for your boyfriend on the couch to stare quizzically at you.

make it rain foamy stickers shaped like hearts!

Then spend about 45 minutes obsessively organizing all the foam stickers like a freaking loon. That's just how I roll.

I probably need professional help. meh.

after you're done OCD style spazzing out about foam, decorate your wreath and hang it up somewhere the light of day will never touch it.

The

3 comments:

  1. Very cute!! I have hardly an artistic bone in my body, but you make it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is impressive. The dedication alone would have driven me mad on that one.

    ReplyDelete